OJSC Novosibirsk Refinery Plant is a legendary Russian gold bar refinery that has existed since Soviet times.
The company is owned exclusively by the Russian government and employs close to 180 workers. Its headquarters are located in Novosibirsk, Siberia.
The refinery’s origins date back to the war years of 1941 - 1945, when Russian gold refining and bar fabrication were transferred from Moscow to Novosibirsk.
From 1941 to 1990, the plant fabricated most of the USSR’s 400oz Good Delivery bars, with production reaching 300 metric tons in 1980.
In 1990, the company (then known under the name Novosibirsk Non-Ferrous Metals Plant) was officially closed, and most of its equipment was transferred to the Prioksky Non-Ferrous Metals Plant (a refinery built in 1989 in the Riazan region).
The company was reconstituted at the end of 1990 with mostly new equipment, and has been known as Novosibirsk Refinery Plant since 1992.
In 2003, it changed its status to Open Joint Stock Company (OSJC) in order to be led by a board of directors, which gives it more freedom.
Their refining processes allow the production of about 300 metric tons of gold per year.
The refinery produces 7 types of bars, 0.999 pure, from 20g to 400oz.
Products are struck with the refinery’s logo, generally with an extra mark with the inscription “Russia” in a circle. All bars are numbered with two letters in the Cyrillic alphabet, followed by four digits.
Besides gold refining, metallic waste recycling and bar fabrication, the refinery also produces finished gold products of high purity, as well as semi-finished products for the jewelry industry.
The refinery also produces palladium and platinum bars in small quantities.
Since 1999, Novosibirsk Refinery Plant’s products are Good Delivery accredited, which ensures the refinery meets all standards for fineness and quality in its bars.